The earliest recorded date of a Cricket team in Brixham was 1856 but it wasn't until 1919 that the first Brixham Cricket Club was founded. In 1932 that first club was disbanded and two years later the present club was formed.
Brixham Urban District Council leased Astley Park to the new Club for £5 per season. Conditions there were far from ideal, having to share the ground with the town's rugby team made maintaining the wicket very difficult and on 18 October 1935 the Cricket Club moved to a new location at Northfields Lane. The ground was leased from Churston Estates for 7 years for an annual rent of £10.
During the Second World War the Club was disbanded again. On 09 November in 1945, T H Adams convened a meeting to get the Club re-established. In 1947, Brixham CC became affiliated to Devon County Cricket Club Association. The next year a second XI was introduced but the team struggled throughout 1948 to field a second XI team and after only two seasons was disbanded.
The Club reformed the second XI in 1960 the same year it became an affiliated member to the Devon Cricket Club Association.
In 1963, after 28 years of paying Churston Estates rent on the land, the Club purchased the land and erected a new pavilion. It was formally opened by Col Hatfield Chairman of the Devon County Cricket Club Association on 23 June after a game to mark the occasion.
The first Colts team was introduced in 1974 under the guidance of Rev K Warren who wanted to ensure that the club had a steady influx of young cricketers being produced. This work is still going on today and Brixham for many years has been renowned for the high standard of local young cricketers.
In 1979 a Ladies cricket team was formed to represent BCC and played through until 1994. In 1984 Brixham Cricket Club celebrated its Golden Jubilee season. The First XI cricket team reached the heady heights of the Premier Division in 1992.
Over the years Brixham Cricket Club has become a social members club as well as cricket and there is a healthy social side that enjoy using the facilities and representing the Club in Darts, Pool, Skittles and holding Quiz nights.
31 August 2008 was a notable day in the history of Brixham Cricket Club. It was a sad day for many to witness the last game of Cricket to be played at the old ground. Northfields Lane had been the home of Brixham Cricket Club since 1934. During the last 74 years a great many players, members and visitors have helped to shape the Club into what it is today.